Autumn Year 3 GPS Assessment Resource Pack
This Autumn Year 3 GPS Assessment Resource Pack has been created to assess pupil knowledge of all the blocks and small steps covered so far in the Autumn term. The pack includes an SATs style assessment with 22 questions linked to all of the small steps in Autumn; a mark scheme with content domain coverage, small step coverage with suggested levels and a teacher assessment spreadsheet to identify pupils working at Year 3 Emerging, Year 3 Developing, Year 3 Expected or Year 3 Greater Depth. These levels are currently provided as a guideline only.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Autumn Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Assessment with questions linked to each small step from all Year 3 Autumn Blocks
- Autumn Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Mark Scheme outlining small steps and content domain coverage for each question and suggested levels
- Autumn Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Teacher Assessment Sheet to help identify each child's level using scores collected
Year 3 National Curriculum Objectives:
Autumn Block 1 Ready to Write
1. Noun Phrases
2. What is a Sentence?
3. Different Types of Sentences
4. Expanding Sentences 1
5. Expanding Sentences 2
7. Apostrophes 1
8. Apostrophes 2
9. Past and Present Tense 1
10. Past and Present Tense 2
Autumn Block 2 Determiners
1.What is a Vowel?
2.What is a Consonant?
3.‘the’, ‘a’ or ‘an’?
Autumn Block 3 Conjunctions
- (3G3.4) Extending the range of sentences with more than one clause by using a wider range of conjunctions, including: when, if, because, although
- (3G1.4) Using conjunctions to express time and cause
- (3G1.4) Express time, place and cause using conjunctions [for example, when, before, after, while, so, because]
- Terminology for pupils:
- (3G1.4) conjunction
- (3G3.1) clause
- (3G3.4) subordinate clause
1.What is a Clause?
4.Using Conjunctions to Express Time
5.Using Conjunctions to Express Place
6.Using Conjunctions to Express Cause
7. Using Conjunctions to Express Time, Place and Cause
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.