Step 7: Comparing Objects Year 3 Place Value Learning Video Clip
Cleo is exploring Jorvik again. On her journey, she meets a friendly farmer who helps Cleo unearth some Viking treasures. Cleo needs your help to compare the value of different objects on her travels.
More resources for Autumn Block 1 Step 7.
Not a member? Sign up here.
Discussion points for teachers
- Which numbers are shown on the notice board? Discuss how to identify the value of each symbols by extracting information provided on the key.
- What should Cleo say out loud? Discuss how to compare the value of each symbol and how to place it correctly within the given inequality statement.
- What could the value of the items be? Discuss how to identify the value of each statue by referring to the information given by the farmer.
- Which is the greatest number from the first statement? Discuss and compare the place value of each symbol to calculate which is the greatest amount.
- How many people are in the audience now? Discuss which digit column will change.
National Curriculum Objectives
Mathematics Year 3: (3N2a) Compare and order numbers up to 1000
This resource is available to play with a Premium subscription.