Free Year 3 GPS Scheme of Work Autumn Block 3 – Conjunctions
Free Year 3 GPS Scheme of Work Autumn Block 3 - Conjunctions
This is a free scheme of work for Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. This resource is the second block in the teaching sequence and includes 2 small steps with guidance for teaching. It is designed to be used in conjunction with your English curriculum and allows you to cover the Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation objectives from the Year 3 National Curriculum.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Year 3 GPS Scheme of Work Autumn Block 3 - Conjunctions Guidance with Notes
National Curriculum Objectives:
- (3G3.4) Extending the range of sentences with more than one clause by using a wider range of conjunctions, including: when, if, because, although
- (3G1.4) Using conjunctions to express time and cause
- (3G1.4) Express time, place and cause using conjunctions [for example, when, before, after, while, so, because]
- Terminology for pupils:
- (3G1.4) conjunction
- (3G3.1) clause
- (3G3.4) subordinate clause
- Small Steps
- 1.What is a Clause?
- 2.Coordinating Conjunctions
- 3.Subordinating Conjunctions
- 4.Using Conjunctions to Express Time
- 5.Using Conjunctions to Express Place
6.Using Conjunctions to Express Cause
7. Using Conjunctions to Express Time, Place and Cause
This resource is available to download with a Taster subscription.