Spring Year 3 GPS Assessment
Spring Year 3 GPS Assessment Resource Pack
This Spring Year 3 GPS Assessment Resource Pack has been created to assess pupil knowledge of all the blocks and small steps covered so far in the Spring term. The pack includes an SATs style assessment with 17 questions linked to all of the small steps in Spring; a mark scheme with content domain coverage, small step coverage with suggested levels* and a teacher assessment spreadsheet to identify pupils working at Year 3 Emerging, Year 3 Developing, Year 3 Expected or Year 3 Greater Depth. These levels are currently provided as a guideline only.
*These suggested levels are subject to change once enough data has been collected. You can submit your data through this form, which collects individual scores. We will use this information to produce scaled scores in early 2019.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Spring Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Assessment with questions linked to each small step from all Year 3 Spring Blocks
- Spring Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Mark Scheme outlining small steps and content domain coverage for each question and suggested levels
- Spring Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Teacher Assessment Sheet to help identify each child's level using scores collected
Year 3 National Curriculum Objectives:
Spring Block 1 Adverbs
- (3G1.6) Using adverbs to express time and cause
- (3G1.6) Express time, place and cause using adverbs [for example, then, next, soon, therefore]
1.What is an Adverb? – not just –ly words which tell you how a verb is done. Discuss the different types of adverbs – how (usually –ly words), how often, when the verb was done and where
2.Using Adverbs to Express Time – then, next, soon
3.Using Adverbs to Express Place – here, there, nowhere, everywhere
4.Using Adverbs to Express Cause – therefore
5.Using Adverbs to Express Time, Place and Cause
Spring Block 2 Prepositions
- (3G1.7) Using prepositions to express time and cause
- (3G1.7) Express time, place and cause using prepositions [for example, before, after, during, in, because of]
- Terminology for pupils:
- (3G1.7) preposition
1.What is a Preposition? – explains more about the noun – tells you where the noun is
2.Prepositional Phrases – turn a preposition into a phrase
3.Using Prepositions to Express Time – before, after, during, in March, on Sunday, at 3pm
4.Using Prepositions to Express Place – in the box, on, above
5.Using Prepositions to Express Cause – because of , on account of, ‘our sales increase through effective marketing’
6.Using Prepositions to Express Time, Place and Cause
Spring Block 3 Speech
- (3G5.7) Introduction to inverted commas to punctuate direct speech
- Terminology for pupils:
- (3G5.7) direct speech
- (3G5.7) inverted commas (or ‘speech marks’)
1.Direct Speech – identifying direct speech in sentences – no punctuation
2.Punctuating Direct Speech – using inverted commas to demarcate direct speech in given sentences
3.Writing Direct Speech – using inverted commas to write out direct speech – given conversations like the text message lesson
Spring Block 4 Tenses
- (3G4.1b) Use of the present perfect form of verbs instead of the simple past [for example, He has gone out to play contrasted with He went out to play]
- (3G4.1b) Using the present perfect form of verbs in contrast to the past tense
1.Introducing Present Perfect – Auxiliary verb (present – have [past – had, future – will have]) + Past Participle (-ed or –en verbs) i.e. I have walked home.
2.Recognising the Present Perfect Form in Sentences – comparing simple past and present perfect
3.Using the Present Perfect Form in Sentences – converting from one to the other
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.