Year 2 Baseline Maths Assessment
This Baseline Maths Assessment Year 2 resource helps identify gaps in prior learning by assessing against each of the Year 1 National Curriculum Mathematics objectives. The questions have been grouped by strands, such as Number and Place Value, so the assessment can be broken down into smaller parts for use as and when they are needed.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Baseline Maths Assessments for Year 2.
- Tracking spreadsheet to help identify gaps in knowledge. Answers included.
Year 1 National Curriculum Objectives:
Number – number and place value
- (1N1a) Count to and across 100, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any given number
- (1N2a) Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals; count in multiples of twos, fives and tens
- (1N2b) Given a number, identify one more and one less
- (1N4) Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than (fewer), most, least
- (1N2c) Read and write numbers from 1 to 20 in numerals and words
Number – addition and subtraction
Number – multiplication and division
Number – fractions
- (1M1) Compare, describe and solve practical problems for lengths and heights [for example, long/short, longer/shorter, tall/short, double/half]
- (1M1) Compare, describe and solve practical problems for mass/weight [for example, heavy/light, heavier than, lighter than]
- (1M1) Compare, describe and solve practical problems for capacity and volume [for example, full/empty, more than, less than, half, half full, quarter]
- (1M1) Compare, describe and solve practical problems for time [for example, quicker, slower, earlier, later]
* (1M2) Measure and begin to record lengths and heights
* (1M2) Measure and begin to record mass/weight
* (1M2) Measure and begin to record capacity and volume(measure and begin to record time (hours, minutes, seconds)
- (1M4b) Sequence events in chronological order using language [for example, before and after, next, first, today, yesterday, tomorrow, morning, afternoon and evening]
- (1M3) Recognise and know the value of different denominations of coins and notes
- (1M4c) Recognise and use language relating to dates, including days of the week, weeks, months and years
- (1M4a) Tell the time to the hour and half past the hour and draw the hands on a clock face to show these times
Geometry – properties of shapes
Geometry – position and direction
*these objectives are practical so are not included in this assessment
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.