Autumn Year 4 GPS Assessment Resource Pack
This Autumn Year 4 GPS Assessment Resource Pack has been created to assess pupil knowledge of all the blocks and small steps covered so far in the Autumn term. The pack includes an SATs style assessment with 21 questions linked to all of the small steps in Autumn; a mark scheme with content domain coverage, small step coverage with suggested levels and a teacher assessment spreadsheet to identify pupils working at Year 4 Emerging, Year 4 Developing, Year 4 Expected or Year 4 Greater Depth. These levels are currently provided as a guideline only.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Autumn Year 4 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Assessment with questions linked to each small step from all Year 4 Autumn Blocks
- Autumn Year 4 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Mark Scheme outlining small steps and content domain coverage for each question and suggested levels
- Autumn Year 4 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Teacher Assessment Sheet to help identify each child's level using scores collected
Year 4 National Curriculum Objectives:
Autumn Block 1 Ready to Write
- (3G1.8) Use the forms a or an according to whether the next word begins with a consonant or a vowel [for example, a rock, an open box]
- (3G3.4) Extending the range of sentences with more than one clause by using a wider range of conjunctions, including: when, if, because, although
- (3G1.4) Express time, place and cause using conjunctions [for example, when, before, after, while, so, because]
- (3G1.6) Express time, place and cause using adverbs [for example, then, next, soon, therefore]
- (3G1.7) Express time, place and cause using prepositions [for example, before, after, during, in, because of]
- (3G5.7) Introduction to inverted commas to punctuate direct speech
- (3G4.1b) Use of the present perfect form of verbs instead of the simple past [for example, He has gone out to play contrasted with He went out to play]
- Introduction to paragraphs as a way to group related material
- Terminology for pupils:
- (4G1.8) determiner
1. Using Determiners
3. Expanding Sentences using Conjunctions
4. Expanding Sentences using Adverbs
5. Expanding Sentences using Prepositions
6. Direct Speech
7. Past Tense
8. Present Tense
9. Present Perfect or Simple Past?
10. Using Paragraphs
Autumn Block 2 Pronouns
4.Pronoun or Noun?
Autumn Block 3 Fronted Adverbials
1.What is an adverbial?
2.Recognising Fronted Adverbials 1
3.Time Specific Adverbials
4.Place Specific (Prepositional)
5.Descriptive Fronted Adverbials
6.Recognising Fronted Adverbials 2
7.Using Fronted Adverbials
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.