Autumn Year 5 GPS Assessment
Autumn Year 5 GPS Assessment Resource Pack
This Autumn Year 5 GPS Assessment Resource Pack has been created to assess pupil knowledge of all the blocks and small steps covered so far in the Autumn term. The pack includes an SATs style assessment with 15 questions linked to all of the small steps in Autumn; a mark scheme with content domain coverage, small step coverage and suggested levels*; and a teacher assessment spreadsheet to identify pupils working at Year 5 Emerging, Year 5 Developing, Year 5 Expected or Year 5 Greater Depth. These levels are currently provided as a guideline only.
*These suggested levels are subject to change once enough data has been collected. You can submit your data through this form, which collects individual scores. We will use this information to produce scaled scores in early 2019.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Autumn Year 5 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Assessment with questions linked to each small step from all Year 5 Autumn Blocks
- Autumn Year 5 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Mark Scheme outlining small steps and content domain coverage for each question and suggested levels
- Autumn Year 5 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Teacher Assessment Sheet to help identify each child's level using scores collected
Year 5 National Curriculum Objectives:
Autumn Block 1 Ready to Write
- (4G1.5) Choosing nouns or pronouns appropriately for clarity and cohesion and to avoid repetition
- (4G3.2) Noun phrases expanded by the addition of modifying adjectives, nouns and preposition phrases (e.g. the teacher expanded to: the strict maths teacher with curly hair)
- (4G5.6b) Using fronted adverbials
- (4G5.6b) Using commas after fronted adverbials
- (4G5.8) The grammatical difference between plural and possessive –s
- (4G5.7) Use of inverted commas and other punctuation to indicate direct speech [for example, a comma after the reporting clause; end punctuation within inverted commas: The conductor shouted, “Sit down!”]
Autumn Block 2 Relative Clauses
- (5G3.1a) Using relative clauses beginning with who, which, where, when, whose, that or with an implied (ie omitted) relative pronoun
- Terminology for pupils:
- (5G1.5b) relative pronoun
- (5G3.1a) relative clause
Autumn Block 3 Modal Verbs
- (5G4.1c) Using modal verbs to indicate degrees of possibility
- (5G4.1c) Indicating degrees of possibility using modal verbs [for example, might, should, will, must]
- Terminology for pupils:
- (5G4.1c) modal verb
Autumn Block 4 Adverbs
- (3G1.6) Using adverbs to express time and cause
- (3G1.6) Express time, place and cause using adverbs [for example, then, next, soon, therefore]
- (5G1.6) Using adverbs to indicate degrees of possibility
- (5G1.6) Indicating degrees of possibility using adverbs [for example, perhaps, surely]
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.