World War 2 is underway and the bombings have started. The evacuees have started leaving the cities to go and stay with families in the countryside where it is safer for them.
More resources for Spring Block 2 Step 1-3
Discussion points for teachers
1. Help Colin convert this fraction to a percentage.
Discuss how to convert fractions and percentages.
2. What is 0.6 expressed as a fraction and as a percentage?
Discuss the place value of each digit. Discuss how to covert a decimal to a fraction and to a percentage.
3. What is 80% expressed as a fraction and as a decimal?
Discuss how to covert a percentage to a fraction and to a decimal.
4. Which toy is the most popular? Which toy is the least popular?
Discuss how to order and compare the fractions, decimals and percentages when they are in different forms.
The most popular – Teddy, least popular – toy cars
5. What percentage of children may need to be sent back home?
Discuss what information is important. Discuss how to identify the percentage that may need to be sent home. This question is to reinforce percentage meaning per 100. This question is open-ended for children to explore.
6. What is 0.625 expressed as a fraction and percentage?
Discuss how this can be changed into a fraction and a percentage. Discuss the importance of simplifying the fraction.
National Curriculum Objectives
This resource is available to play with a Taster Subscription.