Cleo is celebrating Christmas and the end of an eventful year with her friends, when a familiar face comes along to threaten Christmas…
Teaching note: Some vocabulary used in this learning video clip could be challenging for some children, therefore we recommend the availability of dictionaries or thesauri should the children require them.
More resources for Christmas.
Not a member? Sign up here.
Discussion points for teachers
1. Find and copy a word that means the same as ‘emerging’. emanating
2. Which word is closest in meaning to the word ‘dismayed’? troubled
3. Explain why Cleo ‘hastily threw a blanket around her shoulders’. She was going outside/it is snowing outside/it is cold outside.
4. The word ‘tearing’ suggests Cleo moved the bush: furiously (accept hastily)
5. Find and copy a word that suggests the object in the bush was glowing. glint (accept golden)
6. Suggest a reason why Rae does not want to enter the cellar. It’s dark and she might be afraid of the dark/it makes her feel uncomfortable. Accept any reasonable answer.
7. What does Trig mean by ‘leave no stone unturned’? Look everywhere. Accept any reasonable answer.
This resource is available to play with a Premium subscription.