Year 4 Baseline Maths Assessment
Baseline Maths Assessment Year 4 resources assess children on the Year 3 objectives to help teachers identify gaps in prior knowledge at the start of the year. The assessment has a question for each objective and a tracker sheet to help analyse children's results.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Baseline Maths Assessments for Year 4. Answers included.
- tracking spreadsheet to help identify gaps in knowledge.
Year 3 National Curriculum Objectives:
Number – number and place value
Number – addition and subtraction
Number – multiplication and division
Number – fractions
* Estimate and read time with increasing accuracy to the nearest minute; record and compare time in terms of seconds, minutes and hours; use vocabulary such as o’clock, a.m./p.m., morning, afternoon, noon and midnight
*this objective is practical so is not included in this assessment
Geometry – properties of shapes
- Draw 2-D shapes and make 3-D shapes using modelling materials; recognise 3-D shapes in different orientations and describe them
- Recognise angles as a property of shape or a description of a turn
- Identify right angles, recognise that two right angles make a half-turn, three make three quarters of a turn and four a complete turn; identify whether angles are greater than or less than a right angle
- Identify horizontal and vertical lines and pairs of perpendicular and parallel lines
- Interpret and present data using bar charts, pictograms and tables
- Solve one-step and two-step questions [for example, ‘How many more?’ and ‘How many fewer?’] using information presented in scaled bar charts and pictograms and tables
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.