Mathematics: EYFS All About the Number 6 Learning Activity
This EYFS All About the Number 6 learning activity enables children to learn all about the given number. The resource is split into multiple areas that allow for detailed familiarisation with the number. Children can practise recognising and forming the number and develop their understanding of the value of the number.
Download our EYFS Development Matters Statement codes.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- EYFS All About the Number 6 Learning Activity pages without themes.
- EYFS All About the Number 6 Learning Activity suggested questions and uses.
- EYFS All About the Number 6 Learning Activity observation sheet with suggested links to other areas of learning and development, and characteristics of effective learning.
Development Matters Statement Links
(M-4) Know that the last number reached when counting a small set of objects tells you how many there are in total (‘cardinal principle’).
(M-7) Experiment with their own symbols and marks as well as numerals.
Children in Reception
(M-21) Count objects, actions and sounds.
(M-23) Link the number symbol (numeral) with its cardinal number value.
(M-27) Explore the composition of numbers to 10.
Early Learning Goal
- Have a deep understanding of number to 10, including the composition of each number.
- Subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5.
- Automatically recall (without reference to rhymes, counting or other aids) number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts) and some number bonds to 10, including double facts.
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.