Free Year 5 GPS Long Term Plan with Objectives
This Year 5 GPS Long Term Plan includes the Grammar, Vocabulary and Punctuation objectives from the National Curriculum. The GPS Scheme of Work has been designed to ensure coverage of all objectives over the course of the year. This document maps out each block across the year and when the objectives will be taught.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Year 5 GPS Long Term Plan with Objectives
National Curriculum Objectives
Writing - Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation
- Develop their understanding of the concepts set out in English appendix 2 by:
- Indicate grammatical and other features by:
- Use and understand the grammatical terminology in English appendix 2 accurately and appropriately in discussing their writing and reading
English Appendix 2 guidance:
- (5G6.3) Converting nouns or adjectives into verbs using suffixes [for example, –ate; –ise; –ify]
- (5G6.2) Verb prefixes [for example, dis–, de–, mis–, over– and re–]
- (5G3.1a) Relative clauses beginning with who, which, where, when, whose, that, or an omitted relative pronoun
- (5G1.6) Indicating degrees of possibility using adverbs [for example, perhaps, surely]
- (5G4.1c) Indicating degrees of possibility using modal verbs [for example, might, should, will, must]
- Devices to build cohesion within a paragraph [for example, then, after that, this, firstly]
- Link ideas across paragraphs using adverbials of time [for example, later], place [for example, nearby] and number [for example, secondly] or tense choices [for example, he had seen her before]
- (5G5.9) Brackets, dashes or commas to indicate parenthesis
- (5G5.6a) Use of commas to clarify meaning or avoid ambiguity
- Terminology for pupils:
This resource is available to download with a Taster subscription.