Free Year 4 GPS Scheme of Work Autumn Block 1 - Ready to Write
This is a free scheme of work for Year 4 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. This resource is the first block in the teaching sequence and includes 10 small steps with guidance for teaching. It is designed to be used in conjunction with your English curriculum and allows you to cover the Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation objectives from the Year 4 National Curriculum.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Year 4 Autumn Block 1 Ready to Write Guidance with Notes
National Curriculum Objectives
- (3G1.8) Use the forms a or an according to whether the next word begins with a consonant or a vowel [for example, a rock, an open box]
- (3G3.4) Extending the range of sentences with more than one clause by using a wider range of conjunctions, including: when, if, because, although
- (3G1.4) Express time, place and cause using conjunctions [for example, when, before, after, while, so, because]
- (3G1.6) Express time, place and cause using adverbs [for example, then, next, soon, therefore]
- (3G1.7) Express time, place and cause using prepositions [for example, before, after, during, in, because of]
- (3G5.7) Introduction to inverted commas to punctuate direct speech
- (3G4.1b) Use of the present perfect form of verbs instead of the simple past [for example, He has gone out to play contrasted with He went out to play]
- Introduction to paragraphs as a way to group related material
- Terminology for pupils:
- (4G1.8) determiner
1. Using Determiners
3. Expanding Sentences using Conjunctions
4. Expanding Sentences using Adverbs
5. Expanding Sentences using Prepositions
6. Direct Speech
7. Past Tense
8. Present Tense
9. Present Perfect or Simple Past?
10. Using Paragraphs
This resource is available to download with a Taster subscription.