Mathematics: EYFS Doubling Learning Activity
This EYFS Doubling learning activity enables children to recall one more and less than a given number. It also enables children to develop their number recognition skills and practise recording numerals.
Download our EYFS Development Matters Statement codes.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- EYFS Doubling Learning Activity pages without themes.
- EYFS Doubling Learning Activity suggested questions and uses.
- EYFS Doubling Learning Activity observation sheet with suggested links to other areas of learning and development, and characteristics of effective learning.
Development Matters Statement Links
3 and 4 year olds
(M-1) Develop fast recognition of up to 3 objects, without having to count them individually (‘subitising’).
(M-3) Say one number for each item in order: 1,2,3,4,5.
(M-7) Experiment with their own symbols and marks as well as numerals.
Children in Reception
(M-21) Count objects, actions and sounds.
(M-28) Automatically recall number bonds for numbers 0-5 and some to 10.
Early Learning Goal
- Have a deep understanding of number to 10, including the composition of each number.
- Subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5.
- Automatically recall (without reference to rhymes, counting or other aids) number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts) and some number bonds to 10, including double facts.
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.