Summer Year 3 GPS Assessment
Summer Year 3 GPS Assessment Resource Pack
This Summer Year 3 GPS Assessment Resource Pack has been created to assess pupil knowledge of all the blocks and small steps covered so far in the Summer term. The pack includes an SATs style assessment with 15 questions linked to all of the small steps in Summer; a mark scheme with content domain coverage, small step coverage with suggested levels and a teacher assessment spreadsheet to identify pupils working at Year 3 Emerging, Year 3 Developing, Year 3 Expected or Year 3 Greater Depth. These levels are currently provided as a guideline only.
Not a member? Sign up here.
What's included in the pack?
This pack includes:
- Summer Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Assessment with questions linked to each small step from all Year 3 Summer Blocks
- Summer Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Mark Scheme outlining small steps and content domain coverage for each question and suggested levels
- Summer Year 3 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Teacher Assessment Sheet to help identify each child's level using scores collected
Year 3 National Curriculum Objectives:
Summer Block 1 Nouns
- No formal objective. However, these words are taken from the year 3/4 non-statutory spelling list and the focus is given to vocabulary of abstract concepts in line with the Spoken Language Guidance.
- Spell words from the word list – years 3 and 4.
1.Types of Nouns
2.Recognising Abstract Nouns
3.Using Abstract Nouns
4.Sorting Word Types
Summer Block 2 Paragraphs
- Introduction to paragraphs as a way to group related material
- Headings and sub-headings to aid presentation
Small Steps1.Sequencing Sentences
2.What is a Paragraph?
3.Paragraphs in Narrative
4.Paragraphs in Reports
5.Paragraphs in Biographies
Summer Block 3 Word Families
- English Year 3: (3G6.4) Word families based on common words, showing how words are related in form and meaning [for example, solve, solution, solver, dissolve, insoluble]Terminology for pupils:
- (3G6.4) word family
1.Root Words, Prefixes and Suffixes
2.Identifying Word Families
Summer Block 4 Prefixes
- English Year 3: (3G6.2) Formation of nouns using a range of prefixes [for example super–, anti–, auto–]Spelling: Spell more prefixesTerminology for pupils:
- (3G6.2) prefix
Small Steps1.What is a prefix?
2.Adding ‘super-’, ‘anti-’ and ‘auto-’
3.Adding ‘sub-’, ‘inter-’
4.Creating Word Families
This resource is available to download with a Premium subscription.